Children's & Young People's Workforce (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
This course is for those looking for a career working with children and/or young people.
- Children’s and young person’s development
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Support children's and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Contribute to children's and young people’s health and safety
- Paediatric emergency first aid
- Managing paediatric illness and injury
You may also have to study Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT dependent on your GCSE results. English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need 4 GCSEs at Grades D or above. A good reference will be required. You will be expected to be punctual for work and college, maintaining a professional attitude.
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
- Cache Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Children & Young People’s Workforce.
Career opportunities include
- Nursery Assistant or Social Care Assistant
You must be employed in a childcare setting for a minimum of 30 hours per week, the college can assist you with this but cannot guarantee you a job.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.