Professional Cookery City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 at Doncaster College
This course takes the skills and techniques learnt on the NVQ Level 2 course or skills you have already gained from industry, enhances and helps you to further develop them so that you will learn and be able to demonstrate specialist cooking skills.
You will learn how to prepare a range of ingredients types such as:
- Various types of Poultry
- Fresh Shellfish and Crustaceans
- Game, Feathered and Furred animals
- Specialist Vegetable Items
- And many more . . .
The majority of the course is spent in a practical environment, you be will producing food for the Waterfront Restaurant.
You will have the opportunity to use a range of ingredients from which you will produce:
- Roasted Saddle of Rabbit with Legs boned, rolled and stuffed Ballotine,
- Two of Three Game Bird Roast made up of Partridge, Pheasant and Woodpigeon
- Paupiette, Delice, or Supreme fresh Fish cooked and served with contemporary Sauces
- Lobster Thermidor, Seafood Boullabaise or a Langoustine, Clam and Oyster Chowder
- Devilled Lamb Kidneys on Garlic Bruschetta
- Duck Two Ways - Smoked Duck Breast and Confit Duck Leg with Fondant Potatoes, Citrus and Currant Jus
- Professional Cookery Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma
- Professional Cookery Level 2 City and Guilds NVQ
- Relevant Industrial Experience
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
You will be assessed over all units during time in the kitchen and the theory element will be assessed by short answer questions.
Following successful completion learners will be fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to work confidently and competently within the catering industry.
Opportunities exist to enter the Catering Industry at a Junior Level but further study would be recommended to achieve employment in many job roles including Head Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Pastry Chef, or Development Chef.
Many further educational courses are available at Doncaster College to progress further, these include completing Hospitality Supervision BTEC where many opportunities are available to go into the industry at management level.
Other progression routes available include Catering Assessor or Trainer once Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector(PTLLS's) and A1 Assessors Award have been completed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.