Engineering Foundation Diploma Level 3 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This course has been designed as a one year, full-time course that support progression to an engineering Apprenticeship or to a further year of study at Level 3.
This qualification has a focus on a broad range of engineering specialist areas including electrical and electronic, mechanical, and manufacturing.
What will I study?
A mixture of mandatory and specialist units including:
- Engineering principles
- Delivery of engineering processes safely as a team
- Engineering product design and manufacture
- Applied commercial and quality principles in engineering
- Work placement
- Mechanical behaviour of metallic materials
- Electronic devices and circuits
This qualification is equivalent to 1.5 A levels and accrues UCAS points to support HE progression.
What are the entry requirements?
- An interest in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Reference from previous school/college
- A willingness to explore new ideas, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively
- A willingness to work hard
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above (including maths, english and a science/engineering/technical subject) or equivalent
- Level 2 BTEC or L2 PEO qualifications will also be considered if the applicant has Grade C or above in English and maths. Functional Skills will not be accepted unless the applicant holds grade C or above in English and maths
- You will be required to successfully complete an interview with a course tutor where you must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness and commitment to this programme of study
How will I be assessed?
- External examinations
- Internally assessed assignments
- Internally assessed examinations
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
What can I progress to?
- On successful completion of the BTEC Foundation Diploma in Engineering Level 3, you can progress onto the Engineering BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3, that takes you a further one year to complete
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
Why study here?
- This is a fully recognised qualification within the engineering industry
- Our College has a proven track record within this field and the staff are industry trained experts
- You will use a range of modern technology to support your studies including the latest CNC and CAD/CAM equipment
- You will gain employability skills
- You will take part in work experience in local industry
- You will take part in visits to Engineering Industry linked events
- You will work with guest speakers from the Engineering sector
- You will receive support with your UCAS application including interview preparation and personal statement writing
- You will be building credits towards the Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering if you choose to take this path
- All Protective Personal Equipment will be provided
- All students will need to purchase scientific calculators independently
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.