Complementary Therapies VTCT Level 3 Diploma at Bath College
This course provides the practical skills and internationally recognised qualifications necessary to gain employment in the complementary and spa therapies industry. It will give you excellent training to full practitioner status. We are fortunate to have strong links with local five-star spas such as The Thermae Spa and The Royal Crescent. You will have the opportunity to apply for work experience with the possibility of securing employment.
- Providing body massage for complementary therapies (advanced massage applied to the whole body)
- Anatomy and physiology for complementary therapies (knowledge of the body and all its systems)
- Knowledge of less common pathology for complementary therapies
- Providing reflexology (pressure point techniques on the hands and feet)
- Providing aromatherapy (study 42 essential oils and how to apply them using a variety of techniques)
- Principles and practice of complementary therapies (knowledge of health, safety, ethical and codes of practice to enable therapists to provide safe practice)
- Business practice for complementary therapies
- Level 2 qualification in Complementary Therapies or NVQ / VRQ Level 2 in Beauty (with Massage) or a level 3 qualification in Beauty
- GCSE grade C in English Language and GCSE grade D in Maths
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a practical skills test
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit you will be required to sit an externally set theory exam.
- Gain employment in spas
- Progress to SPA Therapy Level 3 course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.