Vehicle Accident Repair (Multi Skilled) (Level 3) Advanced Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
The programme covers the advanced technical and practical needs for today’s Automotive Body Repair industry. It provides advanced technical knowledge for people working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of vehicle refinishing facilities.
- Tools, Equipment and Materials
- Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Systems and Components
- Remove, Refurbish and Refit Trim Components
- Diagnose and Rectify Electrical Faults
- Remove and Replace Electric Vehicle Components
- Remove and Replace Structural Panels
- Repair Minor Damage to Body Panels
- Identify and Repair Vehicle Misalignment
- Identify and Rectify Paint Defects
- Apply Topcoats and Specialist Finishers
- Health and Safety
- English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need to be employed in a Vehicle Body Repair Shop carrying out appropriate tasks. In addition, applicants must have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C and a Level 2 Multi Skilled Repairer qualification or other equivalent qualification.
For each module you will have to complete course work, written assignments, practical assessments, online tests and work based observations.
Subject to meeting the subject criteria, be able to move onto a Higher Apprenticeship or specialist training to further improve your knowledge and skills.
A career in the Automotive Body Repair industry.
To be an Advanced Apprentice Multi Skilled Repair Technician you must be employed in a Vehicle Body Repair shop working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.