Childcare & Education (Early Years Educator) CACHE Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma at Leyton Sixth Form College
This qualification prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
What units/topics will be studied?
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Professional Practice Portfolio 1
C/5 - English Language,
C/5 - Maths
Exam board: CACHE
Where can this lead me?
- Progression to Higher Education
- Early Years Educator
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
- Work experience placements
- Team building activities
- Leadership qualification
- First Aid Qualification
- Food and Hygiene qualification
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leyton Sixth Form College directly.