Information and Creative Technology BTEC Level 2 Award at Reigate College
Students will use the knowledge gained to:
Students must have at least basic IT skills (such as being able to use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint competently). They do not need to have studied IT, but must be competent at producing written work.
Students will enjoy this course if they:
- Are interested in computers and may well be thinking of a career in IT
- Are happy to be assessed purely through coursework and can organise their time to meet deadlines and respond to feedback
- Want to learn how IT affects society
- Wish to develop skills such as document design, programming and web design
- Are hard working with a desire to progress further in the IT professions
A strong interest in the subject and a good understanding of Mathematics and competence in English is absolutely essential. Applicants need to be aware that this is a technical subject rather than a general IT skills qualification.
The exam board for this BTEC Level 2 Award is Pearson BTEC.
On completion of this one year course it is possible to progress to the two year BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT, providing students meet the entrance criteria.
BTEC Level 2 Award ICT students have the opportunity to take part in a variety of course related experiences. In the last couple of years, these have included:
- A range of guest speakers form universities and industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reigate College directly.