Sport BTEC Level 3 at Whitley Academy
The BTEC Level 3 course focuses on:
1. Preparing students from post 16 into some form of sports industry work place.
2. Giving pupils the knowledge and skills to be able to successfully apply for and go to university.
3. Giving students both practical and theoretical lessons on a range of different topics.
In year 12 the current unit studies are:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
Three more units are studied in year 13 they are:
- Work Based Experience in Sport
- Practical Team Sports
- Sports Coaching
Merit or distinction at Level 2 BTEC course or C grade GCSE
Physical Education and five A* to C at GCSE including English and Maths.
Entry Requirements at Year 13: A Pass level at Year 12.
The course is designed to prepare students for a career in a wide range of sporting environments or to give them the knowledge to be able to apply for university sports courses. Specific jobs include Teaching, Coaching, Sports Development, Statistician,
Physiotherapist, Sports Therapist, Sports Psychologist. Specialised Degrees can include Physical Education, Educational Studies in PE, PE Teaching QTS and Sports Science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Whitley Academy directly.
Last updated date: 11 October 2016