Electrical Installation Level 1 Diploma at Carlisle College
This qualification focuses on fundamental electrical practical skills and knowledge. Successful completion of the qualification will ensure that the learner will have gained an understanding of the core skills and knowledge required by an electrician working within the Electrical Installation sector. The qualification does not require occupational evidence. Satisfactory completion of studies will lead to the Level 2 course.
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
- Maths and English at an appropriate level
As part of your programme of study, there is an expectation that you undertake a timetabled work placement or experience block of learning, this is designed to enable you to gain experience of the industry .
4 GCSEs at grades D-G, a Level 1 vocational qualification or equivalent, mature students with relevant experience and/or other qualifications may be eligible. At least 16 years old with an interest in the electrical industry. Subject to initial assessments and interview.
On-going assessment will take place throughout the course. All assessments within this qualification are externally set by City and Guilds, Centre marked assignments and practical assessments.
You may be able to progress to the Level 2 diploma or an apprenticeship, if you gain employment as an electrician.
All full time students will be required to purchase a vocational kit before commencement of the course; this will consist of the following;
- Safety footwear with steel toe caps & heat resistant soles
- A boiler suit (not work pants)
- An A4 rip out note pad
- Coloured pens
- Highlighter pens/pencils
- A scientific calculator - NOT a mobile phone calculator
- An A4 ring binder
- Plastic wallets for A4 sheets
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.