Activity Leadership Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Oneside Sports Education Limited
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed with the support of industry experts. The 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership is regulated at Level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). With this Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership you will also gain your Level 2 Football Coaching Certificate (other sport coaching are available but please do get in touch with us to find out as extra course fees may apply) An Age Grant is also available up to £1500 per candidate, aged between 16 -23 maximum of 10 to the employer. Course Summary It forms part of a structured and progressive programme of activity leadership and other sports-related qualifications, offering you a clear career progression route. What can I use it for?
- To gain paid or unpaid employment as an activity leader.
- As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport, recreation and allied occupations industry.
- As a stepping stone to other sports-related qualifications.
Course Content: Your learning and assessment programme will greatly depend on the area of activity leadership you are working in or have access to. The units within the qualification cover a range of areas: Mandatory units – you must achieve all of these units:
- Support the work of your team and organisation
- Prepare for activity sessions
- Lead activity sessions
- Conclude and review activity sessions
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
Optional units – you must achieve a minimum of two of these units:
- Administer finance and information
- Contribute to joint working with other organisations
- Support the development of the sport or activity
- Set up, take down and store activity equipment
- Check and service activity equipment
- Contribute to environmental conservation in active leisure and recreation
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Look after participants when they are away from home
- Enable disabled people to take part in activities
- Contribute to adventurous activities
- Contribute to participants’ personal and social development
- Contribute to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment.
Course Delivery: The course will require regular contact with your tutor (via internet methods) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend our gym in Lancashire for your assessment. Course Start and Duration The course will take a minimum of 6 months, but you will have up to a year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually will be the first Monday of each month. Assessment Coursework, a portfolio of written evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration What you will receive
- Bespoke 1-2-1 tutorials
- Unique reading aids, and learning material
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a qualification (accredited by Lifetime Awarding): Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- Must be aged 16 Years or Over
- Must be working in a paid environment within the fitness and health Industry
- Have A* – C in English and Maths GCSEs (if you haven’t gained a C or above in English and/or Maths we will put you through to do the Functional Skills in one or both subjects while your studying the course with us.
- You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline
- If doing the distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
You can gain further qualification in undertaking the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Certificate in Sport Development or Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management and get accredited qualifications to progress your career in the health and fitness Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oneside Sports Education Limited directly.