Media Studies A Level at The Belvedere Academy 6th Form
Unit 1- Investigating media
- film language (camera, editing, sound)
- representations of people, places and events
- institutions and the methods of creating and promoting media texts
- and audiences and the ways in which they consume and create media texts
You will also complete a case study on a media text of your choice, researching and applying your knowledge of how media is created and consumed by audiences.
Unit 2 - Creating Media
You will create moving image, print and e-media texts in response to a brief of your choosing.
This task involves skills such as
- print design
- sound design
Past briefs have included music videos, TV opening sequences and lifestyle programming
Unit 3 - Critical Perspectives
- democracy and the media
- identity, gender and sexuality
- the impact of digital media
- politics and the media
- the rise of social networks and post-modernism
Unit 4 - Research and Production
In this synoptic unit you will build on your skills from AS study to investigate a media theme/text in more depth and you will create a production piece reflecting this research.
The unit has two sections
- Critical Investigation
- Linked production piece
This is a chance for you to explore media analysis and production and work on something that interests you personally. Projects in the past have included topics such as YouTubers, Reality TV, Video Game Marketing and Cinema .
Five GCSEs A*-C with at least a C in English GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Belvedere Academy 6th Form directly.