Plumbing Studies City and Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Brockenhurst College
- To provide a specialist work-related qualification in the plumbing sectors.
- To prepare you for employment and/or to provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
This is a practical, work-related course.
You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities.
It introduces you to the employment area you have chosen and provides a good basis to go on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
There are 10 mandatory units to achieve the full qualification.
- Safety in plumbing activities
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water
- Domestic hot water
- Drainage systems
- Central heating systems (pipework only)
- Electrical supply and earth continuity
- Scientific principles
- Effective working relationships
- Practical portfolio
Appropriate GCSEs (normally at least two passes at grade D or above, to include Maths and English)
Work experience is a compulsory element to this course. This can be done either through your own contacts or via the college, all require health & safety checks prior to starting and agreed length of time.
You will be required to demonstrate that you are actively seeking employment within your chosen sector and we will be encouraging and supporting you all the way.
To gain the technical certificate, learners need to show they've achieved a particular set of skills and knowledge. The qualification contains a mix of knowledge and performance units.
Knowledge only units will be assessed by on line exams/assessment. Performance only units will be assessed by portfolio.
Apprenticeship routes. Please contact either the course tutor or ask to speak to the college apprenticeship coordinator for further assistance.
Compulsory £115 for corporate clothing, safety shoes, test book, classroom equipment and assessment portfolio.
ALL EXAM RE-SITS ARE £20 each.
With further training or study, students may progress into careers in the construction industry.
On completion of the level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating (6189-11) learners can progress on to:
- Full time Level 3 course
- Apprenticeship at level 3
- Becoming a Heating and Ventilating Engineer (Industrial and Commercial)
- Becoming a Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineer (Industrial and Commercial)
- Higher Professional Diploma
- Environmental Technologies
Safety shoes must be worn when in the workshop.
All courses incorporate Functional Skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brockenhurst College directly.