Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career as a carpenter/joiner?
This programme allows you to develop a range of skills, adding to your knowledge of the trade. On top of your existing knowledge you will learn about more advanced wood occupations techniques, applicable to a number of practical contexts.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Carpentry and Joinery Level 1, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level. It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level, who may not need to undertake the Level 1 programme. Students can choose to study one of two routes at this level: site carpentry or bench joinery.
This programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of basic mathematics
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C are desirable
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
Most students will progress onto Carpentry and Joinery Level 3. This will allow you to develop your skills further and take another step towards your new career.
In the industry, the programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Carpentry and Joinery Level 3 available at:
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502C02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.