Automotive - Level 1 Certificate in Motor Vehicle Studies (for students aged 14-16) at Wakefield College
This course is ideal if you want to learn about the servicing and repair of motor vehicles.
What you will study
- Working in an Automotive Industry Environment
- Using Engineering Materials and Skills
- Remove and Re-fit Mechanical ComponentsIntroduction to Automotive Electrical Principles
- Introduction the body repair
- Introduction the Vehicle refinishing (Painting)
How students will learn
You’ll learn through a combination of practical and theory work.
- Predicted GCSE grade 3 or above in 4 subjects
Minimum Entry Level 3 in English and Maths or equivalent
A genuine interest in the subject/profession
A good reference from Head of Year 9 or Headteacher
You’ll be assessed throughout the course in workshops and by written and oral testing to include end tests for each unit.
Please contact the 14-16 Unit at Wakefield College for details: Tel - 01924 789742 or by email - 14-16UnitMailbox@wakefield.ac.uk.
Completion of this course may help you get a place as an apprentice within the industry, or you could move on to a higher level course.
If you require further information please contact: The Course Information Team on 01924 789111
Visit our Motor Vehicle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/motorvehicleatwakefieldcollege
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.