Level 2 Improving Operational Performance PEO Fabrication & Welding at City Training Services
This Apprenticeship is aimed at individuals who wish to develop a career in Fabrication & Welding.
The apprenticeship provides a good grounding in the basic engineering disciples required by industry with a choice of delivery depending upon employers’ requirements;
- One day per week college attendance to receive the necessary underpinning technical knowledge combined with the workplace training to gain competency and practical skills on the employers’ own industry specific tasks.
- Full time or 2 days per week college attendance where the competency elements concentrate on hand skills, forming and fabrication of metal components and assemblies and all welding techniques.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations ( QCF )
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Technology ( QCF )
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths & English ( AON & COMMS )
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills ( PLTS )
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities ( ERR )
The NVQ is delivered through practical and written competency / knowledge assessments which can be carried out in the workplace on specific units chosen by the employer or in college on the set units offered.
The apprentices are required to complete work related tasks and build an E – Portfolio of competence evidence.
The Technical Certificate ( VRG ) and Functional Skills are classroom based and delivered in college.
GCSE’s A to C in Maths & English preferred.
Applicants will be invited to attend City Training Services to complete a computer based Initial Assessment in Maths & English and formal interview prior to employment.
Continual assessment will occur throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
On completion of the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship individuals can progress to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship which is technical more demanding and can be tailored to suit modern industry specific requirements.
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.