Business BTEC Level 3 Diploma at John Leggott Sixth Form College
You will explore the different types of businesses that operate, the resources they use and how they recruit people as well as their marketing strategies, promotional activities and internal and external communications.
- Unit 1 - Exploring Business Activity: Designed to enable learners to understand the variety and different types of business.
- Unit 2 - Investigating Business Resources: All businesses need a variety of resources to operate effectively. These include machines, people and money.
- Unit 3 - Introduction to Marketing: This unit introduces the main principles of marketing. It looks at the various techniques that businesses use to sell their goods and services.
- Unit 4 - Effective People, Communication and Information This unit looks at two important aspects of business. Firstly how a business recruits the right people. Secondly how a business communicates successfully internally and externally.
Example Optional Units
- Unit 9 - Exploring Creative Product Promotion: This unit looks specifically at how a business promotes its products. It also includes the work of advertising and an opportunity to launch a promotional campaign.
- Unit 13 - Investigating Recruitment and Selection: This unit looks in more detail at how a business recruits and selects its workforce. Students actually produce a recruitment package for a selected job role.
GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above. GCSE average 4.0 or above including 5 C grades.
Mainly coursework (some units are externally assessed).
You can move directly into employment or move into Higher Education to pursue a career in business areas including finance, management and marketing.
You can take part in other learning activities including Young Enterprise.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Leggott Sixth Form College directly.