AS/A2 Spanish at Sandringham School
You will cope well with the course if you:
- enjoy speaking the language and have an interest in the contemporary culture of the country
- want to broaden Science/Maths studies to include a language;
- have an interest in the country and are prepared to visit the country;
- are self-motivated to find out more about the country by using newspapers, magazines, Internet, Sat TV, Radio
- are prepared to attend a compulsory weekly session with the Foreign Language Assistant.
Unit 1 – Listening, Reading, Writing
- Written Paper, 2 hours – 70% of the total AS marks
- Candidates will answer a range of questions based on approximately 5 minutes of heard material and on a selection of written texts. They will also respond in writing to a question based on one of the AS topics.
Unit 2 – Speaking
- Speaking Test 35 minutes – 30% of the total AS marks.
- Candidates will discuss a target-language stimulus card based on one of the AS topics and take part in a conversation covering three further AS topics
Subject Content for AS:
- Media – Television; Advertising; Communication technology
- Popular Culture – Cinema; Music; Fashion/trends
- Healthy Living/Lifestyle – Sport/exercise; Health and well-being; Holidays
- Family/relationships – Relationships within the family; Friendships; Marriage/partnerships
Unit 3 – Listening, Reading, Writing
- Written Paper, 2 hours 30 minutes
- Candidates will answer a range of questions based on approximately 6 minutes of heard material and on a selection of written texts. They will also respond in writing to a question based on one of the two A2 cultural topic areas.
Unit 4 – Speaking Test
- Speaking Test 35 minutes (including 20 minutes preparation time)
- Candidates will present a point of view based on a target-language stimulus card from one of the A2 topic areas and take part in a conversation based on two cultural topics they have studied.
B in your chosen language at GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sandringham School directly.