BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Sciecne at Regent High School
In addition to the units studied on the Diploma, the Extended Diploma features six additional units taught over two years;
- Energy Changes, Sources and Applications
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Practical Chemical Analysis
- Biochemical Science Techniques
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- Chemistry for Biology Technicians The Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Level qualifications and can provide up to 420 UCAS points.
Practical investigations take place frequently and are essential for your coursework portfolios as well as developing your skills base in preparation for further study or higher education.
At least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE or equivalent including Maths and at least two Science subjects and at least a grade D in English Language
- 100% coursework portfolio.
- completion of 18 units of study.
- university degrees in Science, Midwifery and many more
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- this qualification is designed to provide highly specialist, work-related skills in a range of vocational sectors, but is especially appropriate to medical research, nursing, midwifery, optometry and dispensing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.