Professional Cookery NVQ Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This course builds on the Level1 NVQ Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking course It covers a wide range of units to give a comprehensive grounding for the catering industry.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain and handle knives.
- Work effectively as part of a Hospitality Team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic fish dishes.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic meat dishes.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic poultry dishes.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic vegetable dishes.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic hot sauces.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic soups.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic hot and cold desserts.
- Prepare, cook and finish basic rice dishes.
As part of your course, you may be required to study towards functional skills in Maths & English at a appropiate level.
4 GCSEs at grades D-E including Maths & English, a level 1 vocationally related qualification or relevant industry experience and interview.
You will be assessed continually throughout your course by your tutor and observation. Practical performance, written/oral questions, assignment work and research. You will be assessed in the following ways: Practical, workshop and observations in a realistic working environment, written and oral questions and coursework.
Having successfully completed the course you will be able to progress to Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery or into employment as a chef.
Students are required to wear our recommended protective clothing and provide their own set of professional knives.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.