Sport BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course is predominantly theory-based with some practical sessions on the timetable. You will study a collection of units that will cover the following topics:
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Practical Sports Performance
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Injury and the Sports Performer
- The Mind and Performance
- Leading Sports Activities
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- At least 3 GCSE’s at grade D and 1 at grade C (Including English and maths)*
- A reference from your previous school, college or employer.
Successfully complete an initial assessment in SkillsBuilder
- A Level 1 qualification in a similar subject will also be acceptable when accompanied with Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 1.
You will be assessed for two units in the form of external online examinations. The rest via written assignments, practical demonstrations and presentations.
You will be required to pay a £45 fee towards your kit, revision books and a class trip. This fee is payable on enrolment (Students progressing from the level 1 course are not required to buy a new kit)
You could progress onto the BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Sport providing good attendance, punctuality, behaviour and work is demonstrated.
Employment opportunities could involve work at a junior level within the following areas of the Sport and Leisure industry:
- Activity Leadership
- Exercise and Fitness
- Sports Development
- Outdoor Environment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.