Children and Young People's Workforce Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Certificate at RWP Training Ltd
This is a 12 month programme and you will gain these qualifications:
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF)
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Be Safe
This qualification is to work with children age birth to 19 and appropriate for anyone aged 16 and above who is able to communicate well with both children and adults, can incorporate learning through play in a fun and engaging environment, or already has employment with a local employer.
Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Introduction to personal development
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to positive environments
- Safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to health and safety
- Support positive behaviour / environments
- Understand partnership working
- Maintain and support relationships, contribute to the support of development
Optional units include:
- Support positive outcomes
- Support children at meal & snack times
- Support children’s play & leisure
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades A*- D or 9-3 including Maths and English, show enthusiasm for this sector and have excellent communication skills.
Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment and interview.
You will be assessed through a combination of performance observations, evidence collected in the workplace, assignments, projects and online tests.
Candidates who complete this qualification can progress onto an advanced apprenticeship in the Children & Young People’s Workforce.
You may already be employed, or we can help you secure a suitable position with a local employer who will support you through the apprenticeship.
You will be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week whilst being paid the current national minimum apprenticeship wage. Employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.