Engineering BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at NewVIc
You will learn about the fundamentals of science, Mathematics, materials and processes involved in today’s technology-based industries. This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and practical skills needed for employment and further education in the Engineering industries.
The course will focus on:
- Applied Science and Mathematics
- industry working practices
- Engineering processes and techniques
- mechanical and electronic fundamentals
- Engineering communication
- health and safety in the Engineering workplace
On the course you will:
- develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career in Engineering
- acquire practical skills in technical drawing, use of workshop equipment and circuit building
- analyse Engineering systems
Successful completion of a broad GCSE or equivalent programme, including a 9-4 grade in Mathematics and an A*-D grade in one other relevant subject, plus a good school reference and an interest in engineering and technology
You will be assessed by an externally assessed exam and internally assessed coursework.
You will be able to progress to the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built environment, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering (see page 95 and 97), before applying to university or going into employment. You will be prepared to enter technologyrelated employment in the mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering industry.
Students on a Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade 4 or below at GCSE. Students with Grade 5 and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.