Professional Cookery - Level 3 at South Devon College
This advanced apprenticeship will prepare you for supervisory responsibilities within a kitchen, as you learn complex techniques and use your creativity to design recipes and menus, which may be showcased in the College's restaurant, Horizons. You will be given the opportunity to learn from the natioanally acclaimed seafood chef, Mitch Tonks, in the College's Seafood Academy. You will gain practical experience in menu planning, as well as attending professional workshops and participating in industry-recognised competitions. Upon completion, pass apprentices have gone on to prosper as senior or head chefs, or have progressed to a foundation degree related to hospitality.
What will I learn?
- Developing effective working relationships
- Control of resources
- Meat, poultry and vegetables for complex dishes
- Fish and shellfish for complex dishes
- Food safety when preparing, storing and cooking food
- Health-conscious dishes
- Canaps and cocktail products
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.