Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Extended Diploma at Nelson and Colne College
This qualification is aimed at students wishing to progress into a classroom setting to support pupils’ learning, in roles such as teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants. This qualification offers a direct route into employment upon completion, and will provide you with the necessary skills to assist in supporting teaching and learning. If you are passionate about working with children and want to play a part in their education and wellbeing, this course could be ideal for you.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
5 GCSEs at grade C or above (in a minimum of 3 different subject areas) including Maths and English or a Level 2 Diploma (Merit/Distinction) and preferably a grade C in Maths and English.
These units are assessed internally through a range of presentations, report writing, health campaigns, essays and professional interviews.
Upon successful completion of this programme students can progress onto university or directly into employment in roles such as teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nelson and Colne College directly.