Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1 at City College Plymouth
Sport and leisure is a big industry and year after year it provides work for more than 600,000 people. If you have an interest in the sport and leisure industry and need to improve your knowledge to gain employment, then this study programme could be for you. It will give you a comprehensive overview of the sport and leisure industry and put you on the right track to becoming employable. This study programme is mostly practical and combines a wide range of sport and leisure activities.
Eight units are covered throughout the award, they include:
- working in sport and leisure
- the healthy body
- issues in sport and leisure
- taking part in sport
- personal effectiveness
- social responsibility at work
- sport and leisure events
There is also the opportunity to take additional qualifications such as:
- functional skills
- NCFE in Sport and Exercise Studies
- National Open College Network Awards in Indoor Team Games and Participating in Leisure Activities.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you must show a willingness to engage and a genuine interest in the course that will enable you to progress into employment or further education.
The course is assessed on a continuous basis with written coursework and practical assessments.
On successful completion you can prgress to you to the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport or seek employment within the sports industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.