Art and design - BTEC in Art and Design level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
On this course you will develop your skills and creative ideas in a range of materials, techniques and processes working in two and three dimensions.
You will work towards the level 2 visual arts or graphics award and develop your skills in English and maths.
On the course you will:
- create a portfolio of practical work,
- visit galleries, museums and places of interest,
- exhibit work in public exhibitions,
- be involved in competitions and live projects,
- be involved in enterprise activities.
The course covers:
- graphics design,
- mixed media,
You will study 1 mandatory unit:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- You will learn about the key trends and movements in art and design, and how these have affected the development of artists and designers. You will investigate to identify artists or designers of particular interest who you will study and use to generate new work of your own.
You will also study 5-6 of 12 optional units, including:
- Exploring photography
- Exploring graphic design and illustration
- Exploring fashion and textiles
- Exploring fine art
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above, ideally to include an art and design subject and art portfolio.
A level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in one of the following specialist pathways art and design, fashion and textiles, visual communication and 3D design.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.