Light Vehicle City and Guilds E-Level 3902-01 at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
The Entry level 3902-01in Motor Vehicle is designed to offer students a solid introduction to the specialist role of automotive technician. You may also be looking to get the core skills you need to progress on to a level 1 Diploma in Motor Vehicle/Motorcycle.
The course will cover 12 units.
- Introduction to vehicle engine lubrication systems
- Introduction to vehicle engine cooling systems
- Introduction to vehicle fuel and exhaust systems
- Introduction to Vehicle Spark Ignition Systems
- Introduction to vehicle electrical systems
- Introduction to vehicle braking systems
- Introduction to vehicle transmission systems
- Introduction to vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Introduction to vehicle wheels and tyre systems
- Introduction to principles of vehicle body and interior cleaning
- Introduction to vehicle engine operating principles
- Introduction to vehicle workshop bench skills
The student will take an Initial Assessment to see if this is the best course for them.
They will also participate in an experience day and attend an interview.
Written and practical assessments.
Once the student has attained the pre-requisite knowledge, then the student can move onto the next unit.
Achieving an Entry Level automotive qualification gives you the background knowledge you need to advance onto a Level 1 course and an apprenticeship (once employed).
Completing an automotive apprenticeship can lead to employment as an automotive technician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.