Mathematics AS level at Haberdashers' Aske's Knights Academy
There are ten teachers in the Mathematics department. All of the teachers are well-qualified specialists who are absolutely committed to helping you on your journey of learning mathematics at HAKA.
Core mathematics 1
- Algebraic processing skills
- Equations & Inequalities
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Laws of indices
- Differentiation 1
- Integration 1
- Sequences and Series 1
- Functions & Curve Sketching
Core mathematics 2
- Factor & Remainder Theorems
- Binomial Theorem
- The Circle
- Differentiation & Integration 2
- Series 2 (Geometric Progressions)
- Mathematical models in probability and statistics
- Representation and summary of data
- Correlation and regression
- Discrete random variables
- The Normal Distribution
The minimum requirement to study at Knights Academy is at least 3 GCSEs A*-C plus English and Maths at grade 6
You will also be required to achieve a grade 7 in GCSE mathematics
All examination papers last 1 hour 30 minutes.
All examination papers have 75 marks.
C1 is a non-calculator paper: for all other unit examinations, calculators can be used.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haberdashers' Aske's Knights Academy directly.