A LEVEL HISTORY at Madeley Academy
It is difficult to avoid the impact of History in our modern world. We are living with the consequences of past events every day. A good historical education is essential to understand your world! Employers and universities know that students of History have developed a number of skills that can be applied to any situation.
They know that:
- You are able to gather information from a range of sources
- You understand different points of view and can detect bias and propaganda
- You can reach a balanced judgement based on reliable evidence
You will study 4 Units as follows:
- European and World History Depth Studies - Internationa Relations
- British History Enquiries - Mid Tudor crisis and Elizabeth 1
- Historical Investigations and Interpretations - students choice
- Historical Themes - Russia and its Rulers
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Students must achieve a minimum of 4 Grade A* - C plus English Language and Mathematics at grade 4
- Grade B in GCSE History
- Grade 6 in GCSE English
The research, analytical and presentational skills you learn in History are precisely the skills you need to operate in the world of work.
History develops your transferable skills which can be used in a wide range of interesting, stimulating and challenging careers:
- Legal profession
Please contact Madeley Academy for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Madeley Academy directly.