Sociology A Level at Burlington Danes Academy
- Methods in Context
- Families and Households
- Research Methods
- ·At least 6 A*-B grades at GCSE including English and Maths (grades 5 and above).
- · Students on this pathway will take 3 A' levels, studying linear courses for 2 years.
- · Students need to achieve at least a B at GCSE in their chosen A' Level subjects, or closely related subjects (e.g. English and Science grades are used for Psychology entry. See subject-specific entry requirements)
- · Minimum of 4 B grades required not including BTEC or vocational equivalents
Key skills required to complete this course
- Ability to recall knowledge and show understanding.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate.
- Ability to apply abstract concepts clearly.
You will complete a series of mock exams.
Key tips for success
- Organise folders
- Start making revision notes at the end of every topic
- Look through all past papers in detail
- Read a newspaper regularly
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Burlington Danes Academy directly.