Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children's health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children's additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Professional practice portfolio 1
- Supporting emergent literacy
- Supporting emergent mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Reflective practice for professional development
- Professional partnerships in early years
- Professional practice portfolio 2
You will need five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by a combination of assessment tasks, research projects and performance on work placement.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Once you have completed this qualification, you will have gained the licence to practice. This means you're able to find work in the childcare industry.
You may also choose to study at a higher level at university, which could lead to a career as a primary school teacher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.