Business Studies A Level at The Holt School
Summary of subject content:
1. What is business
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business
8. Choosing strategic direction
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10. Managing strategic change
There are 3 units for this A level and each unit assesses the whole subject content and each is
equally weighted (33.3% each).
Unit 1: This has three compulsory sections:
Section A has 15 multiple choice questions worth 15 marks.
Section B has short answer questions worth 35 marks.
Sections C and D have two essay questions (choice of one from two and one from two) worth 25
Unit 2: This has three data response compulsory questions worth approximately 33 marks each and
made up of three or four part questions.
Unit 3: This has one compulsory case study followed by approximately six questions.
There is also an AS available in business studies but it is a separate qualification and will not count
towards the A level. The subject content is numbers 1-6 above and it is examined in two units which are
both worth 50% of the qualification
5 A*-C GCSE grades and must have at least a C grade in maths and English. (Business studies A level is open to anyone regardless of whether or not they have studied GCSE).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Holt School directly.