Applied Science at John Willmott School (JWS)
LEVEL BTEC Level 3 National Subsidiary Diploma
EXAMINATION BOARD EDEXCEL
The course is 100% assignment based – there are no exams.
• Yr12 – you will need a GCSE pass in Science at C grade or better or have a BTEC Certificate in applied Science at Merit.
You also need to be well motivated and self disciplined
• Yr13 – you will need to have passed AS course and be recommended to continue by your teacher.
Course can be achieved at 4 Levels, Pass, Merit, Distinction and Distinction*
BTEC Grade GCE Equivalent
5 A* - C at GCSE.
SPECIFICATION AND UNITS OF STUDY
• Unit 1 - Fundamentals of Science
• Unit 2 - Working in the Science industry
• Unit 3 - Scientific Practical Techniques
• Unit 1 - Physiology of Human Body Systems
• Unit 2 - Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
• Unit 3 - Chemical Laboratory Techniques
WHERE CAN THE COURSE LEAD?
This course is recognised by UCAS towards College/University entrance onto Degree or Higher National Level courses. It also allows you to access the fields of Science and Technology in a wide variety of careers eg: drug research, nursing, scientific research and development as well as many more.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR INFORMATION Mr R Duncan
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Willmott School (JWS) directly.