Extended Project at Felixstowe Academy
The Extended Project is strongly advised as a course of study for high acheiving students who wish to access Russell Group Universities. Students have to:
- Choose a topic to study
- Plan, research and carry out their project
- Complete a production log to document the project process
- Prepare a presentation on the outcome
The extended project at level 3 offers opportunities for learners to:
- Have a significant input into the choice and design of an extended project and take responsibility either for an individual task or for a defined task within a group project.
- Develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reflective and independent learners.
- Develop and apply decision making and, where appropriate, problem solving skills.
- Extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
- Develop, where appropriate, as confident learners and apply new technologiesin their studies.
- Develop and apply skills creatively, demostrating initiative and enterprise.
- Use their learning experiences to support their personal aspirations for higher education and career development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Felixstowe Academy directly.