Maths at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* Core maths involves pure maths topics including algebra curve sketching, trigonometry, coordinate geometry, calculus, vectors, numerical methods, sequences and series.
* Statistics involves the application of mathematics to collect, organise, analyse, and interpret data. This is particularly relevant to Biology, Business Studies, Economics and Geography students.
* Mechanics involves the application of mathematics to model situations in connection with he action of forces on bodies. This is particularly relevant to Physics students.
* Decision maths involves the application of algorithms to solve problems. This is particularly relevant to computing, business studies and economics students.
* An inquisitive mind.
* An interest in solving problems.
* At least a Grade B at GCSE Maths. (Knowledge of the Higher Level syllabus will be assumed).
* Be prepared to work independently.
* Enjoy seeing the connections between different areas of Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.