Retail Skills Apprenticeship at SHL Training Solutions LTD
Apprenticeships give a mix of on the job and classroom based learning. Learners will help to create a plan which they will work through with their employer and assessor from SHL Training Solutions.
Retail covers a host of businesses from market stalls and independent shops to national chains and large superstores. This Apprenticeship covers a range of skills that can be used across this vast sector. As an apprentice the role will depend on the employer, it could be assisting customers on the sales floor of a high street store or handling their purchases. Alternatively, it could be working in a specialist department and becoming a product expert able to help with specific queries.
Your job role is likely to include:
- Working effectively in a retail environment
- Receiving goods and materials into storage
- Keeping stock at required levels
- Processing customer orders and return goods
- Helping customers choose products
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Visual merchandising
- Following point of sale procedures and promote loyalty schemes
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Manage the payment transaction process
The Technical Certificate gives the student the underpinning knowledge needed to carry out the tasks included in their NVQ.
The NVQ portfolio is made up of observations from the assessor, key reports from supervisors and direct from the candidate, it records their activities and experiences. The portfolio is assessed to make sure the student is competent. Their work will be assessed at their place of work.
Functional Skills are similar to Maths and English GCSEs however; learning is focused around retail.
A Retail Skills Apprenticeship is made up from 3 core elements:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SHL Training Solutions LTD directly.