Maths GCSE Resit at Lowestoft College
This course gives you another chance at gaining your all important C grade!
The course is designed to enable you to engage with, explore, enjoy and succeed in maths which in turn will prepare you for further study and employment.
The topic areas studied are:
A D-grade in GCSE Mathematics or a Level 2 in Functional Maths. If your prior attainment is lower than this you will study Functional Maths to prepare you for GCSE Maths.
There are three written exams in May/June to assess your skills in number, algebra, ratio, geometry, probability and statistics. There are two calculator papers and one non-calculator paper. The papers contain a mix of question styles, from short, single-mark questions to multi-step problems.
- With a suitable Level 3 qualification and your GCSE, you could go to university
- You can progress on to level 3 courses in practical or theoretical subjects
- You could go on to A levels
- You’re more likely to gain an apprenticeship/traineeship
- You’ll be immediately more employable
Maths equips you with a set of tools that are vital in many jobs. Employers need people who know how to solve problems, and once you know how to do it in maths, you can do it in anything.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.