Physical Education A-Level at Landau Forte Sixth Form College
There is more to sport than meets the eye. With rapid advancements in technology and athletes pushing the limits of human endeavour, sport has become a huge business. The theory behind sport gives a fascinating insight into what it takes to become an elite performer and also considers the impact of sport becoming so popular worldwide.
A Level Physical Education introduces you to sports theory and covers a wide range of aspects from biomechanics, anatomy and physiology and psychology alongside the historical and contemporary developments that have helped shape the sport we see today.
Physical Education aims to:
- Develop the ability to interrelate the theoretical aspects of Physical Education with a selection of practical activities;
- Develop the skills necessary to analyse, evaluate and improve performance;
- Develop an appreciation of scientific, social, moral and cultural issues which affect participation and performance in physical activity;
- Develop planning and practical skills for effective performance and problem solving skills;
- Provide an experience which is valuable to personal development and as a foundation both for employment or further advanced study;
- Develop knowledge in balanced, active and healthy lifestyles, participation (performance in a variety of roles).
GCSE PE A* - C / BTEC Merit - Distinction and GCSE Science A* - C / BTEC Merit – Distinction. Regular competitive participation in at least one sport (this can include performance, coaching or officiating). If PE has not been studied sporting ability outside of school will be considered.
The course is ideal preparation for further study to degree level in Physical Education or Sports Science and would be considered suitable alongside other A Levels for entrance to other University courses. Careers in Sports Development, the Fitness Industry, Teaching or Sports Coaching would be a natural progression.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte Sixth Form College directly.