Mechanical Engineering BTEC Diploma Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Applied electrical and mechanical science for engineering
- Interpreting and using engineering information
- Working safely and effectively
- Using computer aided drawing techniques
- Fabrication techniques and sheet metal work
- Selecting engineering materials
- Selecting and using secondary machining techniques to remove material
- Application of welding processes
If you want a career in the engineering industry as a maintenance engineer, mechanical engineer, welder or fabricator, this course will give you a more indepth knowledge of the industry and enable you to use them in a work environment.
The Level 2 pre-apprenticeship programme will develop your understanding of the theory behind engineering principles, engineering technology and technical information and the use of CAD, millers, lathes and fabrication and welding equipment in the industry.
You will learn through a combination of practical and classroom-based sessions and completion of the course will enable you to get an entry-level job in the industry as a metal fabricator or welder, pursue an engineering apprenticeship or progress to the BtEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
To access this course you are required to:
- Attend an interview at the college
- Complete an online assessment based around basic engineering principles
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above including maths and English
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation of practical sessions, written assessment, assignments, research and on-line testing.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Get an entry-level job in the industry such as a sheet metal fabricator or welder
- Progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Gain an engineering apprenticeship
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.