Uniformed Services (1 Year) L3 Extended Diploma at North Lindsey College
This academic course deals with the principles and practices within the public services (uniformed). Upon completion this pathway is equivalent to three A Levels. It is primarily a theoretical course that analyses every aspect of the public services through the study of uniformed services. It is delivered through a variety of practical methods, taking place within the classroom, the College gym (Kingsway Fitness Suite), an activity studio, fitness testing room, the Pods, the sports field, the multi-use games area and the confidence course.
On the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services (Uniformed) you will study the
following: (subject to confirmation)
- Unit 1: Fitness Testing & Training for the Uniformed Public Services
- Unit 2: Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Unit 3: Career Planning for the Public Services
- Unit 4: Communication & Technology in the Uniformed Public Services
- Unit 5: Current & Media Affairs in Public Services
- Unit 6: Practical Team Sports
- Unit 7: Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Unit 8: Land Navigation by Map & Compass
- Unit 9: Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
You will TYPICALLY be required to have five or more GCSEs at grades A*-C typically with English and Maths.
Assessment is an ongoing process throughout the academic year. It will take the form of assignments, practical sessions, oral presentations, stimulations and laboratory testing.
Successful students may apply for employment within the public services or proceed onto a Higher Education course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.