Bricklaying Level Two Diploma at East Riding College
The course is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry. It is a hands-on, practical course which consists of seven units, which are broken into underpinning knowledge and practical units. If you work in the industry, you can build this course up into a full NVQ qualification by obtaining evidence of your abilities. For more information about this, ask to speak to a tutor.
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Thin joint masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Building cavity walling forming masonry structures
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, or a Level One Diploma in Bricklaying,or equivalent qualifications
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- Completion of the construction specific assessment and initial assessment
- A satisfactory interview
Each unit has an end test. You will also do a practical assignment and an online test based on the seven units.
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or into a role such as site labourer, semi-skilled employee. Level two is the minimum standard for entering the construction industry and this course will demonstrate to employers that this has been met in a college environment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.