Hairdressing - Level 2 at South Devon College
An Apprenticeship in the hairdressing industry is the perfect starting point for a very rewarding and dynamic career. If you are interested in working as a hairdresser, prefer a practical approach to your studies and would like to earn a wage whilst you train, then this course is for you! You will be able to complete the Level 2 apprenticeship in Hairdressing at either our Paignton or Newton Abbot campuses. You will be required to work for a recognised salon in order to demonstrate your practical competency, with the College able to support you in finding a suitable employer.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety
- Customer service
- Advising and consulting with clients
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting hair using essential techniques
- Hair colouring
- Setting and dressing hair
- Perming and neutralising hair
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.