Music BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Carlisle College
This one year vocational course is a top up qualification and incorporates all the skills developed on the 90-Credit Diploma in Music. It is project lead and will provide you with realistic scenarios to prepare you for potential employment or progression onto higher education. At this stage, it is an ideal time to start thinking about your future and what kind of career you aspire to have. Whether you are considering higher education, to gain a degree, or planning to go straight into a work environment you will gain many transferable skills to take with you during your studies.
Course aims to:
- Develop your musicianship skills & knowledge to meet your potential
- Strengthen your teamwork and leadership skills
- Improve your transferable skills
- Develop confidence
- Improve your employability.
- Aural Perception Skills - Creating Musical Scores.
- Major Music Project (Double Value) - Planning, Writing, Producing and Launching an Original Album.
- Music and Society - Considers how society impacts music.
- Marketing and Promotion in the Music Industry - Evaluating current trends and creating posters, tickets, online blogs, websites, mechanise & art work, chairing planning meetings, recording for your album.
- Music Performance Session Skills - Learning to play in a pit band and the related disciplnes.
- Improvising Music in a Jazz Style - Learning the playing/singing styles of a range of jazz songs.
- Music Events Management - Managing you album launch.
- Contemporary Songwriting Techniques OR - Writing an album of contrasting, original material.
- Music and Sound for the Moving Image - Writing music and sound for short videos/ jingles.
BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Music and 5 GCSE’s at grades A* - C to include English & Maths.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways such as:
- Reflective Learning Diaries,
- Formal Tests,
- Workshops and Portfolios.
A BTEC is a recognised qualification and accepted by most Higher Education Institutions as an alternative/additional qualification to traditional AS and A2 Level qualifications. This course carries the same weighting as three A2 qualifications should you wish to apply for undergraduate courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.