Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
- Conforming to General Safety in the Workplace
- Conforming to Efficient Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving and Handling Resources in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities & Resources for Maintenance Operations
- Erect and dismantle access working platforms
- Maintain carpentry work in the workplace
- Replace glazing to doors and windows
- Apply paints by brush and roller
- Preparing background surfaces for tiling and painting
- Maintaining slate and tile roofing
- Working in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, repairing or renewing wood products, plumbing, wall and floor tiling, decorating, bricklaying and plastering depending upon the routes taken in the qualification.
- Your employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
- You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
- The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observation, as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
- You will have regular review meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- BTEC (Level 3) Construction Services; Foundation Degree.
- Further employment opportunities in current role or alternative job role
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.