Trowel or Wood Occupations Apprenticeship Level 2 at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
These apprenticeships are ideal for people who have an interest and aptitude for work in the construction industry. This industry is always looking for people who have undergone high quality and appropriate training that is recognised by employers and supported by awarding bodies alike.
You will learn all the practical and technical skills necessary to assist you in your career.
The workshop areas within HLC provide excellent facilities where you will be given first class guidance and support from our teaching staff. You will follow a set curriculum but will also be challenged to fully utilise your new developing skills in an informative and interesting way.
Our classrooms all have 21st century computerised display equipment; they are bright and well ventilated, all of which will enhance your learning experience during your time with us.
The majority of your practical skills training will be delivered in your workplace where your employer will guide and support you in gaining competency in all aspects of your role.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in either Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying), Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery - this is the competency element of the qualification and essential for you to achieve the full apprenticeship. This relates to your practical skills which are mostly gained with your employer in the workplace.
- Technical Certificate (Diploma) - This will show that you have the technical skills, knowledge and understanding of theoretical concepts as well as knowledge and understanding of the relevant market and industry.
- Functional Skills - Providing you with a good level of literacy and numeracy. Level 1 English, and Level 1 maths
- ERR (Employers Rights and Responsibilities) - A certificate to demonstrate your understanding and responsibilities as an employee as well as an employer's responsibilities to you as an employee.
- PUWER (abrasive wheels training) - This is delivered to trowel occupation students only
- You would normally be expected to have 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (including maths and English), or a relevant vocational qualification at Level 1 or above.
- Those applicants without formal qualifications but who can evidence substantial and relevant sector work experience will also be considered.
- All applicants are offered a place subject to satisfactory interview and an initial assessment in maths and English.
Assessments will take place through practical training at college and at the work place as well as via theory which is demonstrated through a portfolio of evidence. Work place assessments are also carried out.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.