Motorcycle Maintenance & Repair Level 3 IMI Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
Working in a practical environment and the classroom, you will study the following topics:
- Introduction to Spark Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Compression Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Engine Liquid Cooling and Lubrication Systems Components and Operation
- Steering and Suspension Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance
- Vehicle Exhaust Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Driveline Maintenance
- Spark Ignition System Maintenance
You will also attend sessions on health and safety and you will explore the various materials and tools used within the industry.
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- Pass an initial English & maths assessment
- Self-motivation with a desire to learn
You will be assessed via observations, exams, workbooks and a portfolio of your work throughout the year.
This Diploma is ideal for 16-19 year old learners, who enjoy the sector and wish to develop experience in a variety of motor industry sectors, at a level to suit their ability. It can support their progress to a Diploma at Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.