Fabrication and Welding Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you looking to gain practical experience of welding work?
This course introduces you to the fundamental techniques of welding. It allows you to gain multiple qualifications, and is suitable for anyone with a genuine interest in welding and fabrication.
The course covers a range of basic welding tasks such as creating welded and brazed joints. The practical knowledge you gain will be relevant to steel work, shipbuilding, car maintenance, plumbing, sculpting, general maintenance and many other areas.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical demonstrations
- Realistic working tasks
- Lectures to develop underpinning knowledge
- Assignment work
You will also be expected to undertake the following qualifications as part of the course*:
- Application of Number
- Essential Skills Wales
- Information Computing Technology
* If you already possess any of the above qualifications then you will not be expected to attend these sessions (certificates will need to be produced as evidence).
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications
- You must have a genuine interest in welding and fabrication
- There is an informal interview prior to the course
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Internal practical assessment
- Online assessment
- Oral questioning
- Written questions
- Short learner task sheets for you to complete independently
Completion of this course will give you the fundamental skills and knowledge to complete fabrication/welding work.
You could apply your learning to a range of industries including motor vehicle, sculpting, general maintenance; or progress to a Level 3 qualification.
The course will also prepare you for studying at a more advanced level.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Fabrication and Welding Level 3, available at:
Automotive Engineering Level 2, available at:
Apprenticeships, Technicians & Engineers in:
- CNC Programmer
- Power & Energy
- Wind Turbine
Programme code: 0401C02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.