Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
This qualification is much sought after in the beauty industry. On this course you will also have the opportunity to gain further qualifications such as the Diploma in Indian Head Massage.
You will be trained using luxury products such as Crystal Clear and Dermalogica.
During the course you will spend most of your time in the salon working on one another and models. You will study:
- Swedish massage, Hot Stone massage, Aromatherapy, Indian Head massage
- Electrical facial treatments including Crystal Clear
- Non-surgical face lift
- Vacuum suction to stimulate the skin and remove blockages
- Client careHow to promote an event
- Faradism to aid inch loss
- Use of resources
Key skills such as working with others, improving own performance and problem solving form part of the course and should help you gain employment.
During your course there will be opportunities for attending National shows and exhibitions where you can see some of the main wholesalers and manufacturers of equipment and products.
Once a year we hold a college show and you are welcome to attend.You will also be provided with opportunities to take part in short courses (for an additional fee).
- Gellux nails
- Spray tanning
- Advanced waxing
- Priority will be given to those aged 16-18 years old. NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy, CGLI Beauty Therapy or CIDESCO Beauty Therapy.
- You will need to provide a character reference before or at interview. The offer of a place on this course is dependant upon a satisfactory reference.
- An ability to communicate one to one e.g. to a tutor or customer and in a group as part of discussions.
- Minimum Level 1 Literacy (expected to work towards Level 2). Reading - Much of the course material is presented in work books. You need an ability to read and understand these books. Writing - You will need to produce written assignments and sit written exams.
- Whilst high levels of numeracy are not required, you will need to work with treatment materials and handle money.
- You need the skills for fine work e.g. handling electrical equipment and manual massage. There are times when it may be necessary to stand for long periods e.g. delivering body massage treatments.
Before starting, you will take English and maths assessments to ensure you can meet the requirements of the course.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
Assessments continue throughout the course both in practical and theory sessions and students will be required to complete a number of case studies.
Prospects include being employed on a cruise liner, health farm, television, cosmetic companies as a representative, plus many other areas including airlines or self-employment. Further Education opportunities include progression onto the VTCT Reflexology Diploma.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.