Electrical Installations Level 3 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our construction courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Willmott Dixon, CEC Electrical and Heat Safe Ltd
- Opportunities to enter WorldSkills competitions to showcase your skills against the best students from around the world
- Engagement with guest speakers from businesses like Willmott Dixon
- Access to free training, tools and an opportunity to work in construction through dry lining specialist, Grays, thanks to NHC’s partnership with the Construction Skills Academy.
Electrical: you’ll work on many different small and large-scale projects from basic domestic circuits to industrial three phase circuits. You’ll learn how to install different cable types and containment including steel wire armoured, micc, conduit, trunking and cable tray. You’ll also learn how to inspect and test these circuits to industrial standards to prove they’re safe. You’ll study the underpinning theory that all electricians require including principles of science and in-depth knowledge of the I.E.T. regulations.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical systems design.
A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with merit or distinction grade - plus maths and English grade C or above, or functional skills level 2 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll also sit exams if you’re doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.