Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Certificate at Ursuline High School
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care aims to provide an introduction the sector. It is for students who are interested in learning about the health and social care sector. The extended certificate is equivalent in size to one A Level.
The mandatory content of the qualification incorporates topics relevant across the health and social care sector:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs.
The optional units cover the biological and sociological topics relevant to the different parts of the health and social care sectors.
Optional units include:
- Sociological Perspectives
- Psychological Perspectives
- Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Physiological Disorders and their Care.
There are 3 mandatory units, 1 internal and 2 external. Students must complete and achieve at pass grade or above for all these units. Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development and Unit 2: Working in Health and Social Care are 1 hour and 30 minutes written exam units.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ursuline High School directly.